Why Should I Study Nursing ?
1. Nursing is a recession proof career and is always demanding. Nursing Career is suitable both for male & female in India.
2. B.Sc Nursing course is more cost effective rather than other medical related courses like MBBS , BDS . Total expense of B.Sc nursing in India varies from Rs 4.50 Lac – Rs 6.50 Lac only in 4 years with hostel.
3. B.Sc nursing is a great career option for future higher study in nursing like M.Sc ( Nursing ) , M.Phil or Ph.D.
4. Most of Nursing Students get their first job through campassing because of short of Nurses in India. According to Ministry of Health there has shortage of about 5 Lakh nurses in India.
5. Tremendous job prospects with lucrative salary and opportunities to go abroad like USA , Canada , Singapore , UK , Gulf Countries where India nurses are more demanding.
Market Watch :
Government has also allowed special hospitals to start M.Sc. Nursing programs without these institutions having the prerequisite to set up corresponding graduate programs. The norms for admission to nursing schools have also been relaxed so that married women can now get admission to various nursing programs.
With increasing focus on health care, job prospects for nurses look brighter than ever before. More and more hospitals, nursing homes and medical establishments are being coming up. The government on its part is striving hard to give impetus to the nursing sector in the country.
International Focus :
There is great demand for highly skilled nurses abroad. In fact, India has emerged as the largest provider of nurses to foreign countries. In the US, nurses receive $2,000 to $10,000 as signing bonus. Registered nurses with one year of experience get $17 per hour plus premium $2 per hour for evening shifts and $3 for night shifts in the US.